[erlang-questions] USB, rs232 links

Michael Santos <>
Sat Mar 9 16:40:44 CET 2013

On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 11:29:43PM +0100, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> Hello,
> for my next (serious and personal) project with Erlang, I will have to
> study rs232 and use a USB device connected.
> Do you know whether something in Erlang already exist so I won't
> reinvent the wheel ?
> Thank you
> /Xavier

Another option might be srly:

If you're comfortable with the Unix serial interface, srly is just a
thin layer over it. It tries to just implement the minimum required in
C and does the rest in Erlang.

I've used it for interacting with an Arduino. For example, to upload
code to an Arduino:

Or to flash the LEDs whenever there's activity on my IPv6 tunnel: