[erlang-questions] bit syntax: 0-sized segments

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Fri Mar 8 10:43:29 CET 2013

On 8 Mar 2013, at 09:51, Max Lapshin wrote:

> It is my fault. Pad can never be 0 sized in this code.
>
> Perhaps it is bug in Ulf's code?

Not a bug in the code, but a bug in my recollection (and copy-pasting without thinking).  :)

It is quite likely that some of the design choices in sext are  suboptimal, but anyone is welcome to try their hand at improving the compactness of the encodings. There's a pretty good QuickCheck suite there to ensure that the properties are not violated in the process.

BR,
Ulf

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com