[erlang-questions] dialyzer working with lfe, joxa, et. al?

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Thu Mar 7 22:50:05 CET 2013

On 03/07/2013 06:48 PM, Robert Virding wrote:
> Keep them crossed. :-) It's definitely not impossible, it "just" needs the dialyzer people to implement hooks to which we (LFE, Joxa, ...) can write plugins. It that were to happen I might even add type specifications to LFE.

Even disregarding for the moment the question why would "the dialyzer
people" care about lfe, joxa, et al., (dialyzer: Discrepancy Analyzer of
*Erlang* code) if you are not more specific than the above wish how
exactly do you expect them to know about the details of possible hooks
that are needed by non-standard uses of dialyzer by other more exotic
languages out there?

Better yet, dialyzer's code base is on github, and thus one can submit
patches (hint, hint!) that have a very good chance of being included in
its code base if they do not break dialyzer's current functionality and
come with tests that ensure that the extra functionality will not be
accidentally broken in the future.

Cheers,
Kostis