[erlang-questions] pub-sub server implementation detail question.

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Tue Mar 5 21:26:04 CET 2013

Hello,

Here is copy-past from documentation.

-- CLIP --
A gen_event manager is the process that registers callbacks. It is very important to understand that all events dispatched by the event manager process to event handlers execute in the context of the event manager process.
-- CLIP --

If you implement PubSub via gen_event then all you subscriber handlers are executed within dispatcher process. This is not good. you would end-up implementing an gen_event handler as a proxy to your subscriber. Why to bother if ten_server can be used directly.

- Dmitry