[erlang-questions] crypto deprecation warnings in latest release

Sat Jun 22 18:40:54 CEST 2013

Something similar had to happen in mochiweb for R15 (where a bug in gen_tcp caused issues), it ended up looking similar

So I think you came up with the best solution.  Luckily after  a few years you'll be able to remove the special
cases :)