[erlang-questions] SSL/TLS transport customization

Geoff Cant nem@REDACTED
Sat Jun 15 00:35:42 CEST 2013

On 2013-06-14, at 15:17 , Geoff Cant <nem@REDACTED> wrote:

> Will this support be something like a new stdlib module akin to (the API of) https://github.com/extend/ranch/blob/master/src/ranch_transport.erl ? (maybe call them stream_transport and dgram_transport)

In a future glorious utopian OTP we'd also have EEP29[1] abstract patterns, so an implementation of stream_transport could provide the right receive patterns for {active, _} messages.

Anyone want a place on my Xmas (or holiday of your choice) card list[2]? :)

--
Geoff Cant

[1] EEP29: http://www.erlang.org/eeps/eep-0029.html
[2] This year's list currently stands at: Steve Vinoski for sys:get_state and sys:replace_state :D