[erlang-questions] Bundle rebar with Erlang/OTP packages

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov@REDACTED
Tue Jun 11 16:34:47 CEST 2013

2013/6/11 Andrew Pennebaker <andrew.pennebaker@REDACTED>:

> Erlang suffers from a lack of a de facto package system. Most recommend
> rebar, but it's not that easy to setup, and most of the Erlang tutorials
> don't say how to use it.
>
> I think it would greatly improve the Erlang community if we bundled rebar
> with the official Erlang/OTP packages, so that developers could package,
> release, and install each other's modules with out of the box Erlang, no
> additional tools required.

Actually you don't need to build and install rebar. It's already
available in all major Linux distributions' repositories - Debian,
Ubuntu, RHEL, Fedora.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.