[erlang-questions] handling crash on db connect

Paul Rubin paul@REDACTED
Thu Jun 6 23:24:50 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Garrett Smith <g@REDACTED> wrote:

> I'll add the start functions to redis_client and use those instead
> with redis:connect (which is just a facade anyway -- arguably you
> should use redis_client:start/start_link directly).
> This will be much less surprising :)

Oh great, thanks!  Maybe it's best to support both interfaces, to not break
existing clients.  Nobody on irc knew anything about this though.

I may separately try writing a generic sleep/retry supervisor as a way of
understanding OTP better.  I've been wanting to read through the OTP
sources but have been putting it off.  This is a good reason :).

Paul