[erlang-questions] erlexec debugging

David Welton davidnwelton@REDACTED
Thu Jun 6 21:48:44 CEST 2013

Hi guys,

I've stumbled into what's feeling like a rat's nest with erlexec:

https://github.com/saleyn/erlexec/issues/11

And I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one out there really
putting it through its paces...

Anyone out there using this code?  Do you rely on it to kill stuff in
more complex situations, like, say, where the child process catches
SIGTERM and shuts down, or needs SIGKILL'ing or something like that?

erlexec s a nice bit of code because it covers a huge weakness with
core Erlang, which is pretty lacking in the
handling-external-processes department.  I'll be working on it some
tomorrow, but other eyeballs would be welcome!

--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/

http://www.dedasys.com/