[erlang-questions] gen_server doesn't respond

Tue Jun 4 16:54:38 CEST 2013

On Jun 4, 2013, at 4:37 PM, Konstantin Tcepliaev <f355@REDACTED> wrote:

> As it was already said before, try issuing erlang:process_info(Pid, backtrace) on your process. It will return one large human-readable (well, almost) binary which might give you a clue on what's going on.

erlang:process_info(Pid, current_stacktrace) is also worth looking at. It is the same information, but a little more readable as a term. The current function is not that interesting, but a couple of frames up in the stack is the culprit. My guess is a deadlock because you have a "call ring" A -> B -> A or A -> B -> C -> A or something such. Or perhaps even A -> A, which I have seen a couple of times.

Jesper Louis Andersen
  Erlang Solutions Ltd., Copenhagen