[erlang-questions] Erlang package managers?

Olav Frengstad olav@REDACTED
Mon Jun 3 12:59:28 CEST 2013

Sorry for late reply,

Steven: As Tim pointed out, that means an OTP level change.

The distinction i was making was is that there are two different tasks to solve:
- Having a way to fetch dependencies (we have rebar, ERL_LIBS, ...),
- Having a way to do some action (compile, test, run, ...) with the
correct dependencies.

I don't think there is much need for version constraints in
applications _before_ there is multi-version support in the tools we
use.
However storing information on how to build an application (compiler
opts, dependencies, OTP requirements) in the .app would be a step in
the right direction - that is something for a different thread though.

Olav