[erlang-questions] binary typed schema-less protocol

Wojtek Narczyński wojtek@REDACTED
Mon Jul 29 16:25:31 CEST 2013

W dniu 2013-07-26 11:20, Ulf Wiger pisze:
> At Feuerlabs, we use (among other things) BERT [1] and
> Yang [2] (RFC 6020) to accomplish RPCs with contract checking.
>
> In addition, our BERT implementation has access control lists and
> is pretty flexible about transport and authentication (with the option
> of an authentication plugin), and our Yang compiler (developed in
> cooperation with Tail-f) can generate Erlang code from a spec and
> has a facility to validate a JSON-style RPC against the 'contract'.
>
> Documentation is a bit sparse (hrm…) but our support staff can be very helpful.
>
> [1] https://github.com/Feuerlabs/bert
> [2] https://github.com/Feuerlabs/yang

It makes me wonder, what is wrong with ASN.1?

I have never used it, but on paper it looks superior to any more recent
schema description language.

Sorry for being off-subject.

--Kind regards,
Wojtek Narczynski