[erlang-questions] binary typed schema-less protocol

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta@REDACTED
Fri Jul 26 07:04:37 CEST 2013

Dear erlangers,

About a year(?) ago I was pointed to a binary protocol which can encode
strings, numbers, lists (maybe some more data types like map), and
cannot rember its name nor find a reference.

I remember is it encodes a string by prefixing it with its length. Every
data type has its number. The protocol is designed to be as simple as
possible to implement with as small area as possible for implementation
mistakes.

I also remember protocol's web page was very clutter-free (black &
white, with only basic HTML tags in use).

It was pointed by some Erlang person in either IRC or erlang-questions
as a good way to ad-hoc communicate with other, written-not-by-you
components. I believe I found a use case for it.

Does it ring a bell to anyone?

Thanks!
Motiejus