[erlang-questions] style question - best way to test multiple non-guard conditions sequentially

Anthony Ramine n.oxyde@REDACTED
Tue Jul 16 03:16:52 CEST 2013

I disagree.

In the case of 'if', the tests are disjunctions of conjunctions of guards; whereas in the case of 'cond' they should be boolean tests. So what is a valid 'if' clause may not be a 'cond' one.

Furthermore, in the case of 'if', the fact that foobar just fails silently is because guard semantics are used: the very thing that is not used in 'cond' expressions.

--
Anthony Ramine