[erlang-questions] internal error in v3_life

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED
Wed Jul 10 17:10:48 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Hakan Mattsson wrote:
> There is no explicit calls to any function in the 'v3_life' module.
> Its functions are only called via apply. This means that reltool may
> have problems to determine that the module is used or not.
>
> But as the default setting of module inclusion ('mod_cond' set to
> 'all') in reltool also includes all modules listed in the app file
> there should be no problem.
>
> I suspect that you have set 'mod_cond' to 'derived'. If that is the
> case, reltool would not include the module.

Yes, that's why we've removed {mod_cond, derived} in the rebar
template[1] to enable default behavior. After all, a broken a release
is worse than one with potentially unused files. For anyone that needs
a really lean release there's reltool's slim[2] release feature, but
it's not yet integrated[3] into rebar.

Hakan, if you take a look at the previously linked thread[4], you will
see that with {incl_cond, derived} and without a custom mod_cond
setting reltool pulls in 14 additional apps. Shouldn't the same apps
already be included due to {incl_cond, derived} regardless of
mod_cond?

[1] https://github.com/rebar/rebar/blob/master/priv/templates/simplenode.reltool.config
[2] https://github.com/rebar/rebar/issues/7
[3] https://github.com/rebar/rebar/pull/52