[erlang-questions] Unable to start mnesia DB.

Karolis Petrauskas k.petrauskas@REDACTED
Tue Jul 9 19:16:09 CEST 2013

Hi,

The database eventually started. It took 8 hours and 15 minutes to
start DB of size ~160 MB (measured using `du data/mnesia/db`). I have
done this test in more clean environment: I started the node in the
console_clean mode and invoked application:start(mnesia).

After the DB become available, I stopped the node by invoking
init:stop(). Then I repeated the test. It is still running, but
timings look the same (2 cores were busy for 2.5 hours, and after that
1 core is loaded fully, expected for ~5.5 hours). For the second start
up attempt the DB has no DCL files, only DCD are left after first
load.

The test is performed on 64 bit Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.6 (squeeze)
running on a virtual server (vmware). I am using Erlang binaries
downloaded from the ESL site, version:

    Erlang R16B01 (erts-5.10.2) [source-bdf5300] [64-bit] [smp:2:2]
[async-threads:10] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Any hints are welcome.

Karolis