[erlang-questions] Needed: Great big ordered int set.
Mon Jul 8 19:11:50 CEST 2013
I need to implement a very large set of data, with the following
- It will be populated EXCLUSIVELY by 64-bit integers.
- The only operations will be:
- add element,
- get number of elements, and
- fold/foreach over the SORTED dataset.
- The invocation order will be strictly:
- create data structure,
- add elements sequentially,
- run one or more iteration operations,
- discard data structure.
- The size of the dataset MUST scale to 500M elements, preferably billions
should be possible too.
- The data does not have to reside in memory - however, 32 to 64 GB of RAM
may be allocated. (of course, these will be used by the OS buffer cache in
case a file-based solution is chosen).
In summary: Performance is not a must, but volume and the ability to
iterate over the ordered values is.
Thanks in advance!!!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the erlang-questions