[erlang-questions] yaws processes hang with very different heap size

cao xu cao.xu@REDACTED
Wed Jan 30 07:29:22 CET 2013

Hi,
	We've deployed one web application with yaws 1.88(erlang R14B) on two machines, and there is a web interface with problem in the business logic which can cause the handling yaws process hang when processes the http request.
	What make me confused is that those hung processes consume quite different memory size on different machines. The heap size of one hung process is 3,029,104 words(24,233,888 bytes) on one machine, but on the other the size is 139,104 words(1,113,888 bytes). The application is deployed on separated server but the environment seems same to me. And the process is hanging at the same place when problem occurs.
	I suspect it's because of the behavior of erlang allocators, but nothing special can be found from the system info of ert_alloc. Could someone help me find the reason?Thanks.
	Sincerely.