[erlang-questions] Variable bindings

Tyron Zerafa tyron.zerafa@REDACTED
Sun Jan 27 12:11:46 CET 2013

I want to build a call which accepts a fun, extracts all of its code and
dependencies, pass everything over to a remote node and execute it there.
The only problem I am having is extracting the value of the free vars of
such fun. I was thinking about adding these to the parameter list of the
fun, i.e shadowing the respective vars. I believe that the parse transform
may work at compile time, though I still have to try it out.

I do not want to retain data longer than necessary since all I want is to
pass the environment values to a remote node. I am not changing in any way
the original fun I am transferring between nodes. Having said so, this is
the first part of my project and I still have not given much thought about
the possibility of unserializable vars type such as file handlers etc.

--
Best Regards,
Tyron Zerafa