[erlang-questions] unexpected result of term_to_binary

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Wed Jan 23 02:37:33 CET 2013

While Erlang's meaning of 'string' is not the same as in many languages Erlang has always been extremely explicit and clear about what an Erlang 'string' is, it's even mentioned in the original Erlang book from 1993 (page 20). It is a list of characters, originally latin1 but these days unicode codepoints. Whether this is a good or bad way of representing strings is another question, I see both benefits and problems with it.

So I don't see it as being dishonest, just different from many languages.

Robert