[erlang-questions] Specs for optional callbacks

Daniel Luna <>
Fri Jan 18 23:14:51 CET 2013

On 18 January 2013 10:59, Loïc Hoguin <> wrote:
> Is this planned?
> We can today write behaviours with the specifications of the callbacks
> documented. What about optional callbacks, like gen_server's
> format_status/2? It would be great to have a way to specify the
> specifications for these, too.

Oh, and while we are at it, it would be great to allow multiple
behaviours with shared callback functions to compile without warnings.

My single file supervisor/gen_server/gen_event logger module had to
comment out two of the -behaviour lines.  Almost totally while using
good coding standard too.

Either that or disallow multiple behaviours in the same file in general.