[erlang-questions] Erlang4Android

Björn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Fri Jan 18 17:48:33 CET 2013

Parameterized modules were not documented, but that
did not prevent people from using them.

Nowadays we generally prefer to document everything,
but add warnings in the documentation if we think
it could be abused. We might add such warnings to
the documentation of $handle_undefined_function.

Although other languages may give the programmer
more rope to hang himself, Erlang already provides
plenty of rope, for instance parse_transforms, NIFs,
and the error_handler module. Using
$handle_undefined_function is safer than modfying
error_handler, since it can be done locally to a single
module. So we have shortened the rope. :-)