[erlang-questions] supervisor behaviour

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Wed Jan 16 11:00:02 CET 2013

Hello,

I do have a supervisor my_sup, where I add dynamically _transient_ child supervisor.

supervisor:start_child(my_sup, {
     factory,
     {my_xxx_sup, start_link, []},
     transient, 1000, supervisor, dynamic
  }),

When my_xxx_sup is terminated "exit with reason reached_max_restart_intensity in context shutdown" the parent sup does nothing to restart it. However, the spec says
"... transient child process should be restarted only if it terminates abnormally, i.e. with another exit reason than normal."

BTW, when transient is changed to permanent everything works like expected.
This sounds as a bug to me. The bug either in supervisor behaviour or in documentation, isn't it?

Best Regards,
Dmitry