[erlang-questions] Accessing the SNMP MIB 'Description' field

Bernie Duggan bduggan@REDACTED
Wed Jan 9 06:33:27 CET 2013

Hi list,
I'm using the built-in SNMP agent module (snmpa) to read some SNMP data, and I was wondering if there's any way to access the DESCRIPTION field in the MIBS (either through snmpa or any other mechanism that doesn't involve me parsing the mib text files myself). The snmpc mib compiler provides a '--desc' option to include the description field into the compiled files (which can then be loaded by snmpa) but I can't see any way to access that data even if it is included.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Bernard