[erlang-questions] Did Erlang's grammar change in R16A?

Anthony Ramine n.oxyde@REDACTED
Fri Feb 15 00:05:25 CET 2013

Hi Björn,

While a local atom may take more space than a heap binary, the
amortized cost of comparing a local atom to another local atom
with a different name is O(1) because their hash aren't the
same.

Furthermore, two different local atoms with the same name will
become the very same term on the heap when gc happens after
a comparison between the two of them.

These two things won't ever happen with heap binaries.

On an unrelated subject, I hope some at least some of the OTP
team do look hard at EEPs.

Regards,

--
Anthony Ramine