[erlang-questions] Cowboy routes with Method as a condition

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Wed Feb 13 10:27:48 CET 2013

Rails is a framework, Cowboy is trying hard not to be.

HTTP has a long section about mapping URIs to resources on which you
perform actions. Actions are identified by methods, but aren't used to
find the resource to be used. Cowboy simply follows HTTP.

Adding ways to use methods to map to handlers or functions directly into
Cowboy would just break this concept of resources that Cowboy is trying
hard to protect.

It shouldn't be difficult to write a middleware that allows you to do
this efficiently if that's what you want, or fork the current router to
add the functionality, but that's something that won't land in Cowboy
master.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Erlang Cowboy