[erlang-questions] how to debug inet_res?

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau@REDACTED
Tue Feb 12 16:28:17 CET 2013

Hi all,

I am using a custom version of Erlang on iOS and for some reasons I
ignore yet the DNS resolution is failing in some networks. Since you
can't launch ports on iOS due to the sandboxing, Erlang is using the
module inet_res to do the resolution. Which works well on some network
but return {error, nxdomain} in an office at Singapore.

Testing the same domain name on desktop with native or inet_res return
the IP address correctly. For now I have written a small nif to do the
gethostbyname call but I'm still curious to know why it fails on IOS.
not sure which kind of test I should do. Any idea?

- benoit