[erlang-questions] Observer as a web application?

Jeremy Ong jeremy@REDACTED
Mon Feb 4 07:32:43 CET 2013

I am interested in an application like observer that is served through a
browser as opposed to a desktop gui application.

I've found observer very useful for monitoring cluster health, ensuring
there are no netsplits before performing an operation, etc. The only
problem is, it's not very convenient to run observer on production (ssh,
set up a node, X11 forwarding or ssh tunnel, etc).

It would be ideal I think, if observer was a web application that used
websocket or something to send data to the browser for easier monitoring on
a configurable port with configurable authentication.

Two questions:

1. Does something like this already exist?
2. If not, is there any interest in building it?

Cheers,
Jeremy