[erlang-questions] multiple process handling one udp listen socket ?

Morgan Segalis msegalis@REDACTED
Sat Feb 2 15:56:34 CET 2013

Hi Sergej,

Thank you for your answer...
Actually, I would like to listen to port 80 for firewall blocking issue, at least I'm sure that port 80 is not blocked.

Since the issue is for bypassing firewall, unfortunately, creating another socket to communicate with the client won't work (The socket has to be initiated from the client to pass)...

What I'm really worrying about is to handle bandwidth as fast as it can goes (1GB/s) without the thread (process) to be overwhelmed by it.

What if the udp open {active, false} is set ? could I open multiple process with the same socket and wait for data on this process with gen_recv ?