[erlang-questions] ssl issue

Loco Jay locojaydev@REDACTED
Tue Dec 31 00:18:46 CET 2013

Hi,

I am having an issue getting ssl to work

Hi,

I am having an ssl issue

The following gist

https://gist.github.com/locojay/8188721

list’s how to install my setup (ubuntu 12.04 vagrant box, esl erlang
R16B03, ssl 5.3.2, cowboy's ssl_example on master).

I tested the following clients:

- curl, chrome , firefox, safari, python requests

on ubuntu 12.10 and osx 10.9 mavericks

with the following result's

  CHROME | FIREFOX | SAFARI | CURL

UBUNTU  fails          | fails          | na          | works

OSX          fails         | fails(long stacktrace) | fails        | fails

 the gist contains server/client log’s for these options

I'm using the cowboy ssl example to demonstrate my problem. Using an other
self signed, or signed certificate results in the same issue.

Creating a pem file of the example key, cert ca-cert and using in ejabberd
13.12 works fine with all browser’s.

which:applications() in ejabberd 13.12 return’s ssl 5.3.2

I am confused since i thought that the issue would have been the ssl app
since we have

 cowboy —> ranch —> sslapp

I am out of idea’s and would really appreciate any help

Many thanks