[erlang-questions] Erlang Crypto R16+ and Centos 6.4+ incompatibility

Evgeny M donpedrothird@REDACTED
Tue Dec 17 16:56:59 CET 2013

>That is not an Erlang problem itself. The binary Erlang packet you
installed
>was build on an system that had a OpenSSL with EC support enabled while
the
>system you are trying to install one, has OpenSSL with EC support
disabled.

Nope, I compiled erlang from sources, and it throws the error in
crypto:start(). Seems like ./configure does not detect missing curves.

>No, that is Centos/Redhat stupidity. OpenSSL by default does EC, but
Redhat choose

>to disabled EC so that the NSA can better spy on you.

Sure it's not erlang fault, but still do we really want to ditch half of
potential user base? Or suggest everyone to install outdated R15, as it
still works?