[erlang-questions] wxErlang and wxWidgets 3.0

Dan Gudmundsson dgud@REDACTED
Tue Dec 10 15:48:09 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 8:52 AM, Sergei Golovan <sgolovan@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Dan Gudmundsson <dgud@REDACTED> wrote:
> > The intention is that is should work with both. But I only test it
> > occasionally.
> >
> > I personally try to link against 3.0, or rather their master branch, when
> > doing development.
>
> Good to hear that.
>

> > But we don't support newer functionality, and some erlang code may need
> > be rewritten
> > to work on both 2.8 and 3.0, btw SUSE 10 and thus wxWidgets 2.6 is still
> > used here internally, sigh.
>
> It's not really about the newer functionality, the old one is fine as
> long as it works.
>

> > I have not noticed the notebook problem, don't know if that is a
> wxWidgets
> > problem or a demo problem.
>
> I did a closer look at the demos and tried to run applications which
> use wxErlang. There are a few minor bugs and one segfault
> unfortunately:

Testing your issues with their master (i.e. to be 3.1)

> 1) aui page in demo: after you drag'n'drop tab over the other tab to
> rearrange them the latter tab label stops reacting to the mouse clicks
> (I can't bring it to the front by clicking on it).

See that, the C++ auidemo behaves the same a wxWidgets bug.

2) choices page in demo: wxChoice control shows empty label on start
> (in 2.8 it shows "one").
>
> 3) notebook page in demo: Background color is not showed (this one
> I've mentioned earlier).

Same behavoiur in the C++ demo as far as I can see, they are not exactly the
same.

> 4) Segfault of dialyzer. dialyzer --wx segfaults immediately after I
> click any of the "Add", "Add Dir", or "Add Recursively" button. It
> works fine with 2.8.

Your patch have been applied and included in R16B03, thanks.

And I will send a bug report on the other issues to wxWidgets.