[erlang-questions] myproto development status (erlang as an SQL server)

Manuel A. Rubio "Bombadil" bombadil@REDACTED
Sat Dec 7 20:50:26 CET 2013

Hi Alex,

El 2013-12-06 02:49, Alex Wilson escribió:
> Has anyone had a look at how hard it would be to add support for the
> MySQL 4.1 prepared statements protocol? I'm kinda curious if this could
> be used as a convenient transport for some other semi-SQL-like
> languages like SPARQL or other graph queries, but their quoting rules
> are not always identical to SQL, so the prepared statements protocol
> could make a lot of sense. Do you think it could be useful as a
> transport like this? (after disabling the SQL parser part)
>
> Maybe I'm crazy and taking this "use mysql protocol instead of HTTP"
> idea too far? :)

I think Max was working on it. It's not complex or hard to do, but
requires time :-P

About use SPARQL or another language for query, I think you can do a DSL
and translate to SQL without problems. Neotoma is great for this tasks
:-)

Regards.
Manuel Rubio.