[erlang-questions] Erlang APIs and JSON

Mark Allen mallen@REDACTED
Fri Aug 30 22:22:59 CEST 2013

I am wondering if anyone has opinions on how to deserialize JSON HTTP request bodies into Erlang terms.  Tuple wrapped proplists seems to be how it comes back from mochijson2:decode() and jiffy:decode().  Erlson returns orddicts hidden in a record-like syntax via a parse-transform.

Does anyone further deserialize proplist(s) into records?  Why or why not?

What are the best (or even suggested) practices for dealing with JSON data?

This might be a FAQ. If so, kindly point me toward the Fine Reading Material.

Thanks.

Mark Allen
Sr Software Developer
Alert Logic