[erlang-questions] mnesia:transform_table on a cluster

Andre Nathan andre@REDACTED
Wed Aug 14 18:21:47 CEST 2013

Hello

I have a mnesia cluster of four nodes, all using disc_copies, and I need
to add fields to one of those tables.

My idea is to first run mnesia:transform_table to change the schema, and
then upgrade the code (this upgrade will be an installation of a new
version of a package by the OS package manager, shutting off the service
and then turning it on again. I don't have a need for a hot upgrade
in this situation).

Are schema changes replicated to other nodes in the cluster? That is, is
it enough to run mnesia:transform_table on one of the nodes, or do I
have to run it all nodes of the cluster?

Thanks,
Andre