[erlang-questions] Managing a huge binary file

Jon Schneider jon@REDACTED
Tue Apr 30 14:21:59 CEST 2013

You shouldn't read it in as such anyway. If it were me and C and I had
stacks of RAM C I'd simply mmap it.

However you _might_ get better performance if the readahead done by the
kernel and the device is less than what you might read() using plan A.

A modernish disk should give you 100MB/s sustained (assuming no
significant fragmentation and contrary to popular belief even on SSDs
fragmentation does have a cost).

Jon