[erlang-questions] Supervision of temporary workers

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Mon Apr 29 14:23:06 CEST 2013

Hi Martin,

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 2:23 AM, Martin Dimitrov <mrtndimitrov@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I choose for restart strategy *one_for_all". Then for child
> specification, the restart to be *temporary*.
>
> As I understand, a temporary child process will never be restarted, but
> will it trigger the death of the supervision tree? My test show no but
> then how should I accomplish this - kill the tree as in one_for_all but
> don't restart the workers?

I don't quite understand what you're looking to do.

But if you want a worker failure to propagate up to the supervisor,
use a permanent strategy and set restart frequency (MaxR) to 0.

Garrett