[erlang-questions] process_info/2 returning badarg with message_que_len

Bryan Hughes bryan@REDACTED
Tue Apr 23 00:32:25 CEST 2013

Howdy,

I am having some weirdness.  Running on the latest build of R16B
(erts-5.10.1).  Per the documentation
(http://erlang.org/doc/man/erlang.html#process_info-2),
when I call it:

Info = erlang:process_info(self(), [memory, heap_size, message_que_len]),

I get the following error:

* Reason for termination ==
** {badarg,[{erlang,process_info,
[<0.127.0>,[memory,heap_size,message_que_len]],
                     []},

When I call it without message_que_len, or instead use messages:

Info = erlang:process_info(self(), [memory, heap_size, messages]),

Life is good.  According to the docs, message_que_len is a valid
process_info_item().  Is the documentation wrong, or am I doing
something wrong?

Note that this also happens in the shell.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Bryan

--

Bryan Hughes
*Go Factory*

/"Art is never finished, only abandoned. - Leonardo da Vinci"/