[erlang-questions] symlink error (I think)

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Mon Apr 15 12:28:15 CEST 2013

I tried this on ubuntu as well:

test() ->
    File = "/home/ejoearm/work/bugs/share",
    {ok, X1} = file:read_file_info(File),
    {ok, X2} = file:read_link_info(File),
    {X1#file_info.type, X2#file_info.type}.

> bug:test().
{directory,symlink}

So read_file_info does follow symlinks. But the man page says it can return
type
symlink. Is this a bug in the manual page? Or have I misunderstood
something.

/Joe