[erlang-questions] Preallocated binary — save memory

Anthony Ramine n.oxyde@REDACTED
Wed Apr 10 10:13:34 CEST 2013

Hello Max,

There already exists a BEAM instruction that preallocates a binary: bs_init_writable. From what I understand it is only used when compiling bit string comprehensions when their body expression and binary generators' patterns only have sized fields and they have no list generators or filters.

Could you rewrite your decoder in such a bit string comprehension?

Regards,

--
Anthony Ramine