[erlang-questions] Need help with async disk IO and thread pool on many devices (more than 1 Gbit/s )

Patrik Nyblom pan@REDACTED
Wed Apr 3 12:01:46 CEST 2013

On 04/03/2013 11:47 AM, Max Lapshin wrote:
> Yes, there are two good ways to go:
>
> 1) add async IO for those platforms that can (FreeBSD, Linux), it will
> remove requirement to use async threads
> 2) lock driver to async thread pool
If I were you, I would try the second approach. Aio would more or less
require a new driver. The upside of Aio, if you get it to work properly,
would be that you do not need to get a patch accepted, you could have
the aio driver solution in your own codebase.