[erlang-questions] [ANN] Lager 1.2.1 and backend API changes happening on master

Andrew Thompson andrew@REDACTED
Fri Sep 28 05:41:36 CEST 2012

I just tagged lager 1.2.1, the last 'stable' release for a while. I know
I never actually *announced* 1.2.0 (or maybe even 1.0.0 for that matter)
but this one is more important as it is probably the tag you want to
track in your applications for a while.

After tagging 1.2.1 I merged a branch to master that breaks the backend
API that lager backends had been using, specifically the way log
messages are sent to the backends. Any 3rd party backends (including
lager_syslog) will currently be broken if you use them against master
instead of 1.2.1. They will either need have their lager dep pinned to
1.2.1 or updated to reflect the new API.

I apologize for the inconvienience, but it was necessary to allow some
future feature development.

Andrew