[erlang-questions] Fishing for best practices: distributed twin processes!

Roberto Ostinelli roberto@REDACTED
Tue Sep 25 18:27:30 CEST 2012

Thank you all for answers.

The dying VM will of course not send anything, it's dead. Your node,
> however, knows of all the links and monitors its processes has with other
> nodes. It will detect that it has lost contact with the other node and and
> then send the exit signals and monitor information to its local processes.
> This may take some time before it happens.

Robert, could you please clarify what 'some time' may mean? I'm wondering
if it's better:

   - to have all processes linked between nodes, and receive the failover
   signal (may be thousands of them)
   - to have a single 'node monitoring' process which will then deal with a
   node failure

Any input welcome :)

r.