[erlang-questions] [ANN] EGTM: embedded ACID compliant NoSQL engine for Erlang

Tomas Morstein tmr@REDACTED
Mon Sep 24 23:59:21 CEST 2012

Hi Max,

Thanks for your interest and sorry for my late reply!

Honestly, it's not so easy to compare MUMPS with RDBMS as it's completely different approach even when compared to the rest of NoSQL world...
I would really recommend you to take a look on http://www.fooboo.org/~tmr/gtm/UniversalNoSQL.pdf because it is "overview for relational people."

M technology is an excellent choice for analytical applications, so if you're going to make a log aggregator and analyzer, you can benefit from hierarchic multidimensional indices as well as from powerful M language that can help you to process large amounts of existing records in speed of light :-)
BTW, we have a product that does exactly the same -- it gets tons of log records, index them and the user analytics interface is done with EGTM+ChicagoBoss.

Sure, PostgreSQL is great and in field of RDBMS it was always one of my preferred choices, but from some point in time, I prefer to use MUMPS for everything I can :-)

The documentation is not so good because it was done quickly just to have something, and is primarily targetted to people with existing MUMPS experience... but if you're happy with it, we're happy too! :-)

Best regards,
Tom.

PS: there's a new GT.M V6.0-000 release worth to check!