[erlang-questions] erlang:send_after/3 questions

Gleb Peregud gleber.p@REDACTED
Sat Sep 22 10:06:54 CEST 2012

In my experience, using excessive timers once bit me hard due to lock
contention on global timers lock in Erts. Roughly it was about 3-5 timers
created/expired for each of around 200k-500k processes at roughly the same
moment (a big broadcast to all processes). Fortunately lcnt showed the
problem which was slowing down the broadcast tenfold - lock conflicts was
at 95% level on timers lock.