[erlang-questions] is anyone else experiencing reliability issues with R15?

Rapsey rapsey@REDACTED
Wed Sep 19 22:11:51 CEST 2012

We run a network of custom built streaming servers doing video streaming
and transcoding of IPTV channels.
On R14 everything runs great. But switching to R15, gen_servers
inexplicably block and don't respond to messages, even the console blocks
and does not respond to input for 30s or so, processes baloon taking up
large amounts of memory for no reason. All at random times, but gets much
worse once there are more users connected to the server doing a lot of
req/s or receiving a lot of data.
We're running ubuntu server and start erlang with these switches:
erl +Bd +S 4 +P 1000000 -env ERL_MAX_PORTS 100000 +K true +A 32

Are we alone having problems with R15? We tried R15B01 and R15B02.

Sergej