[erlang-questions] Style wars: junk comments

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Tue Sep 18 01:23:22 CEST 2012

Well, I guess I was just playing...

However, since you ask, what this approach does do that -spec and edoc do not, is make a module self-documenting even when compiled.

What's often missing with docs is "what is important here" and "what is the intention". So a distillation, for me at least, is more useful than verbose documentation which does tend to get out of date with the source no matter how well-intentioned.

Also, and again a personal observation, I find -spec confusing as it looks like code and I find myself *reading it as code* and not documentation all too often (maybe I'm just dumb). My preference is a source file without it.

My 2c,
/s