[erlang-questions] Test the system bottlenecks

Gleb Peregud gleber.p@REDACTED
Mon Sep 17 16:11:14 CEST 2012

It is hard to answer with so little information. Few notes:
- Mnesia is a very complex piece of software - there is very many
processes and ETS tables. Both of them might be a serial bottleneck.
And some serializing process/ets can be short lived.
- If you use transactions for reads and writes, you are doing
serialization of all operations, hence low CPU usage is an obvious
result of this
- If you are doing dirty operations, there might be some other locks
which are being contented. Try recompiling erlang with lock counter
enabled and taking a look at results.