[erlang-questions] reading zero-terminated strings from a socket

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Sat Sep 15 22:01:04 CEST 2012

* recv(Socket, _, Timeout)
* binary:split(Bin, << 0 >>)
* bufferize and try next: << Acc/binary, Bin/binary >>

You'll most likely want to check your buffer before receiving again in
case you have receiving many strings at once.

On 09/15/2012 09:56 PM, Joel Reymont wrote:
> I need to read zero-terminated strings from a socket.
>
> What is the most efficient way of doing so?
>
> I wish there was a {packet, ...} option for this but, alas, {packet,
> line} only looks for newlines.
>
>      Thanks, Joel

Loïc Hoguin
Erlang Cowboy