[erlang-questions] Mini-Erlang for Android

Jan Burse <>
Thu Sep 13 10:37:38 CEST 2012

Dear All,

I just gave it a try whether the Mini-Erlang interpreter also
runs on Android. Since release 0.9.5 the Jekejeke Runtime
also features a console and this is also available for Android.
It worked fine.

So before I went into lengths using Bluetooth, SD-Cards,
USB, E-mail whatever to move the Prolog text erlang.p
to my phone, I simply pointed an URL to the Prolog text
and consulted this URL. The session run as follows:

    Jekejeke Prolog, Runtime Library 0.9.5
    (c) 1985-2012, XLOG Technologies GmbH, Switzerland
    ?- ['http://www.xlog.ch/jekejeke/perpetual/erlang.p'].
    ?- erlang.
    > X=1.
    > X.

(Screenshot can be seen here:

To abort the session one can use the menu item abort. The
Jekejeke Runtime doesn't have a debugger and is free,
currently available from Google Play and Amazone
Appstore (U.S. only).

Jan Burse,
13. Sept 2012

P.S.: One can of course put his preferred Prolog text on
a web server of his choice, consult this and play. But
sys_add_path/1 doesn't currently work for URL archives
in release 0.9.5 for Android.